Team Rubicon is seeking Volunteer Support Interns to work with our growing volunteer base to provide a consistent and rewarding member experience. You will collaborate with the membership team, operations staff and leaders across the country to extend and enhance the volunteer experience. You will interact with decision makers, work with the membership team to identify bottlenecks, improve and create processes and solve problems. We are looking for the technologist who can crush complex systems, while maintaining the patience of a puppy waiting for table scraps. These positions are located in our National Office in Los Angeles, CA and our National Operations Center in the Dallas / Fort Worth area in TX.
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Provide direct, timely & remote support for all readiness, response, and recovery operations.
- Support national level flight planning and logistics execution during international and national operations.
- Build the first local volunteer support team at the National Operations Center to support large operations.
- Identify and solve volunteer support challenges in order to improve the volunteer experience.
- Be an ambassador for Team Rubicon; build and maintain relationships with leaders, corporate partners and volunteers to deliver a world-class support experience.
- Collaborate with various departments to resolve volunteer requests quickly and efficiently.
- Increase individual preparedness by providing consistent, timely, and reliable support.
- Become savvy in articulating complex features to volunteers with varying levels of technical capability.
- Collect and voice trends in operation support requests in order to improve the volunteer experience.
- Learn and enhance database management to improve our tracking and reporting on volunteer metrics.
- Assist with integration and implementation for technology systems to accelerate mobilizing volunteers.
Your learning experience:
- Develop and implement national level projects to support and improve the volunteer experience
- Operating amongst some gnarly teammates, cuddly dogs, and all levels of leadership for 15 – 20 hours a week for a quarter. During disaster operations we stay late, work hard, and get shit done.
|Term||Start & End Dates|
|Spring||3 month incriments|
What you need to be successful:
- Passion for technology, learning, people and a positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Eagerness to troubleshoot, understand, and solve problems then articulate solutions succinctly
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and collaborate across multiple departments
- Surgeon’s attention to detail and extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practitioner of technology – able to learn, manipulate, teach, and drive user adoption of 10 + cloud-based technology platforms and workflow tools
Credentials and Experience:
Earning Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer Support Intern – Dallas or Los Angeles in the subject line and indicate which quarter(s) you are interested in. Please include a brief explanation of your story and answer the following prompt: You just found out you are deploying to Mars in 30 days. Return is unlikely. What do you name the operation and how do you prepare?