Team Rubicon is seeking a Regional Readiness Intern to support the growth and development of Team Rubicon’s Mid-West region. You will collaborate with Team Rubicon regional and national staff to support regional leadership in developing engagement programs, coordinating trainings, and growing membership to build member readiness for disaster response.
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Support TR leadership in developing an annual training and engagement plan, and associated member communication strategy, in accordance with national readiness objectives
- Increase volunteer retention and enhance experience by providing consistent, timely, and reliable support.
- Assist regional leadership in the development of partnerships with local agencies to facilitate and provide more training and engagement opportunities for TR members throughout the region
- Develop standardized reports and analysis of performance against national and regional objectives
- Other projects as assigned by the Regional Administrator
Your learning experience:
- Develop and present a project to the Regional Administrator and National Membership Coordination about how to enhance the volunteer experience at the regional level.
- Gain an intimate level of understanding around non-profit operations and learn about all levels of leadership for 15-20 hours a week for a semester.
- This position is remote with in person meetings on a regular basis. Applicant should be located within the Greater Chicago Area.
What you need to be successful:
- Passion for technology, learning, and people while maintaining a positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Eagerness to troubleshoot, understand, and solve problems then articulate solutions succinctly
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and collaborate across multiple departments
- Surgeon’s attention to detail and extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and experience planning and executing events
Credentials and Experience:
Currently earning a Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
Internships are available for the following terms –
|Term||Start & End Dates|
|Fall/Winter||3 month increments|
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Region V Readiness Intern in the subject line. Please include your availability and a brief explanation of your story and what drives you.