Team Rubicon must respond to disaster at a moment’s notice. This requires lean, reliable logistics. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Response and will drive continuous improvement of logistics from our National Operations Center in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. You will collaborate with the Response Team and our regional leaders across the United States to implement and manage the standards for our logistics practices.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a shot. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings opportunities for the organization to become synonymous with disaster response. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Ensure operational readiness of national equipment used to support operations.
- Manage National response equipment procurement and budgeting.
- Identify equipment and logistics needs, and build lean solutions to meet demand.
- Interface with 10 regional teams, providing guidance for management of inventories.
- Develop system for fulfillment of regional marketing supplies.
- Communicate logistical support guidelines to leaders throughout the organization
- Manage inventory levels and maintenance schedules for supplies that are shipped to operations.
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of making shit happen in the military, emergency management, or logistics space
- Logistics and production management experience
- Demonstrated leadership success
- Builds lean systems, and approaches challenges with a continuous improvement approach
- Rides spreadsheets like a champion but builds rapport and crosses cultural divides with ease and enthusiasm
- Skilled in training, coaching, and mentoring, with a sense of humor and the patience of a grandparent
- Exceptionally skilled in organizing, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support requirements
- Infectious interpersonal skills to support rapport-building with colleagues, volunteers, partners, and stakeholders
- Efficiently manages multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives
- Writes succinctly and communicates effectively to various audiences
- Experience with Team Rubicon’s operational culture, history, and mission in disaster relief
- Practitioner of technology – able to learn, manipulate, and build systems to improve tthe organization
- Position is in the National Operations Center in Dallas / Fort Worth area, TX.
- Relocation expenses are not provided.
- Be a bad-ass brand ambassador at all times.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.