Team Rubicon is looking for a dynamic, high performing rainmaker with a desire to gain experience in nonprofit development. The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of supporters as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. They also can identify what connects a supporter to a cause and can easily relate to a variety of supporters’ interest. They are not afraid of aggressive acquisition, upgrade and retention strategies related to Team Rubicon’s monthly donors and Annual Fund. Their eager to learn everything there is to know about peer-to-peer fundraising, so that they can turn Team Rubicon’s campaigners into a force of professional fundraisers.
This position reports to the Sr. Development Officer and is a remote position based out of Portland, Oregon.
Who you are:
- Social – People like you, and you like people
- A Coach – You can connect with people, drawing out their best
- Rainmaker– Strategically identify and cultivate key prospects to be successful campaigners and recurring donors
- Techie – Your more than comfortable with technology, you helped write the book on how to leverage it
- Competitive – Drive to individually compete while still being a fantastic team player
- Flexible – Your excited by the fact that Team Rubicon is a fast growing, rapidly changing organization
- Organizational Genius – You can prioritize in your sleep, and find joy in making order out of chaos
- Overachiever –The difference between extraordinary and ordinary is that little extra, you are that little “extra”
- Self-Motivated – When you wake up in the morning, you KNOW how good of day you are going to have before it even starts
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and social media engagement with our supporters
- Welcome new donors to TR Nation through outbound calls, resulting in moving them through the development funnel
- Comfortably sell the world’s best disaster relief and veteran reintegration organization to our supporters
- Personally act as a coach when interfacing with TR campaigners
- Analyze data to identify top prospects for peer-to-peer campaigners and Support Squad members
- Carefully send supporter thank-yous, email welcome series and premiums
What you need to be successful:
- An enthusiasm for selling Team Rubicon as the best disaster relief organization in the world
- Strong track record of achievement, preferably in nonprofit development, sales or marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (professional phone skills are a must)
- Technically savvy and specifically skilled in using CRM (preferably Salesforce) to manage development cycles
- Enrolled in or recently completed a higher education program
Your learning experience:
- Applicant must be able to work at 10 -15 hours per week.
- Applicant will be able to work remotely, but must be available to meet once a week with the Sr. Development Officer
- This position is based out of the greater Portland, Oregon area
Credentials and Experience:
- Students currently enrolled in or recently completed a higher education program
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Intern in the subject line.